Thursday, September 11, 2014

Kurosawa. Letter. ToScorsese. 31 Jul 1989.



Mr. Martin Scorsese
Scorsese Productions
1619 Broadway
9th Floor
New York, New York 10019

Dear Mr. Scorsese:
I find it very difficult to properly express my gratitude for your acceptance of my selfish request.
I am also embarrassed that you are sharing your busy time for my work. Please forgive me for not having written to you sooner. I have also kept myself very busy shooting this new film I have finally completed shootings for all dreams except “Crows” and finished rough editing for the rest of the dreams. I am now waiting to meeting with Van Gogh. I am listening to his voice everyday through the tape you sent to me. It is marvelous!
Looking forward to seeing you soon,

Very truly yours,
Signed,
Akira Kurosawa

No comments:

Post a Comment