The People in Your Neighborhood: Kate Lyn Sheil, Actress
In this iteration of These Are the People in Your Neighborhood—our local tours guided by prominent local artists—we visit Kate Lyn Sheil. The NYU-educated actress, a familiar face in recent DIY indies, was last seen as the sweetly deadpan Dory in the Greenpoint-shot Gabi on the Roof in July; she'll soon to be seen in the feature Green, from Gabi star/producer Sophia Takal, which has its World Premiere next week at SXSW.
1. Neighborhood? Greenpoint
2. Best place to people watch? Anywhere is good when you’ve got binoculars.
3. Best place to drink? Anywhere is good when you’ve got a brown paper bag.
4. Best restaurant? Cinamoon
5. Best bookstore or record store? Academy Records
6. Best grocery store/farmer's market? Brooklyn Kitchen
7. Best laundromat? Laundry Land II
8. Best outdoor spot? My backyard
9. Best place to attend a show/view a piece of art/see a movie? Anthology Film Archives.
10. Best coffee shop? Variety
11. Best subway line? L
12. Best date spot? Peter Pan Donuts
13. Best person whose name you don't know? Anyone who works at Peter Pan Donuts
14. According to neighborhood folklore, are there any celebrities living in the area? Yes.
15. Which are there more of: dogs, bodega cats, strollers, American Apparel ads, or old men on stoops? I’m not sure.
16. What's missing from your neighborhood? A movie theater
17. What's been the biggest change since you've moved in? I broke up with my boyfriend.
18. It's a Saturday night in October. You don't feel like traveling very far but are antsy for a night out. Where do you go? Cinamoon.